Top Posts & Pages
- How to Really Celebrate Employee Appreciation Day
- Sustained Suspense Adds Impact to AMC's "The Killing"
- How to Increase Your Creativity Quotient
- How They Do It: Socializing Business with Strategist Linda Zimmer
- What "The Artist" Can Teach Us about Communications
- Does Your Child’s Name Predict Leadership Success?
- Can Internal Social Media Power Your Organization to Better Results?
- How to Use Design Thinking to Become a Creative Problem Solver
- The danger of #journalism that moves too quickly beyond fact ow.ly/maAhc via @poynter 1 hour ago
- Should #leaders ever lie? ow.ly/m86J8 via @scotteblin #trust 21 hours ago
- Quality of the writing reveals a job candidate's way of thinking? nyti.ms/15ZDkBD via @nytimes #leadership #careers 23 hours ago
In the Cloudaudience big idea brand breakthroughs Business business school C-suite career communication communications creative process creativity crisis communications education Employment Facebook Groupon ideas innovation insights inspiration leadership LinkedIn listening measurement mobile news release personal brand Peter Guber Pew Internet & American Life Project Pew Research Center problem solving PRSA public relations research social media storytelling target audience teamwork TED Ted Talk tips transformation Twitter United States
Tag Archives: breakthroughs
Can you grow your business by putting your marketing on hold? Most MBAs would tell you no. But the strategy worked for a client of ZEESMAN, a highly regarded Los Angeles-based brand strategy and marketing firm. While conducting a brand … Continue reading
Journalist Jonah Lehrer previewed his new book “Imagine: How Creativity Works” in the March 9 edition of The Wall Street Journal. Whether it was the author’s encouraging tone or his myth-breaking stance about who really fits the creative profile, the … Continue reading
Today, Punxsutawney Phil will poke his head out of his burrow to survey the weather near his Pennsylvania home — his 126th prognostication. Will he see his shadow and hibernate for six more wintry weeks? Or will his forecast promise … Continue reading
TED Talks (Technology, Entertainment and Design) feature some of the world’s most intriguing speakers, who share ideas worth spreading. Recently, I discovered four speakers whose experiences with the creative process, while distinct, have commonalities. You’ll find the first part of … Continue reading
A fish doesn’t know it’s wet. David Kelley, founder of leading design firm IDEO, shares a one-liner from his mentor to illustrate the idea that sometimes we are so close to a problem we are unable to spot the underlying … Continue reading
IBM surveyed more than 1,500 CEOs last year on the leadership qualities they most prize. Creativity ranked as most desirable. If you, like the CEOs surveyed, want to attract more creative people to your business or work teams, there’s good … Continue reading
“In the future, the definition of illiteracy will not be the inability to read, it will be the inability to learn, unlearn and relearn.” – Alvin Toffler Until recently, I’d been extremely confident of my shoe-tying ability. This knowledge was … Continue reading
Business schools are beefing up programs to meet corporate demand for leadership skills, especially creativity. However, whether creativity can be taught in a classroom is up for debate. Recently, an article in Forbes caught my eye because the author, August … Continue reading